Monday was the day we turned in our 4 frame comic on "How I ended up in college" I enjoyed the assignment because I have been fascinated by graphic novels and manga for quite some time. It was a great opportunity to be creative and use a format I am usually the consumer of rather than making.
Upon turning in our comics, we were instructed to place them along the front table so that we could walk by and read each one. Soon after we were instructed to 'rank' the work from best to worst as a class… a scary task indeed.
In order to not be confrontational we decided to use a tally voting system, where each student had three votes to place on any three different comics. this did most of the work for us. Now we needed to just break the ties, and have sub-elections to resolve the order of the low ranking pieces.
That method worked to please mostly everyone, with the exception of a few students, who were then instructed to do it themselves.
Although, I was pleased to have my comic ranked 3rd on the hierarchy. I think the critique would have been more productive if we had a discussion where the reasoning behind the criticisms could be explored.
No comments:
Post a Comment